Sunday, May 1, 2011

slow down...there is never a perfect time

Is there a perfect time? For anything? No, at least I don't think so.

We wait for the perfect time to do so many things. That "perfect time" doesn't come and then those opportunities are lost forever.

I think that the perfect time is what YOU make of it.

I talk to people all the time that have not updated their family photos for quite a while. And I mean quite a while. This makes me sad. Why? The number one reason I hear is that  " I am waiting to lose weight." Yes, we all know that excuse, but really who cares about that.

Not your hubby, he loves you no matter your size... just as your kiddos do. No one is going to be looking at the size of the person in the picture, just the emotion that was felt in it. And all your family will see is the amazing wife and mother that they know and love. You will never be sorry that you took those pictures, but you would be if you didn't.

It's easy to say...

I'm too busy.
I need to lose a little weight first.
Maybe next year.
When I have a little more money.
When work slows down.

Well it's time to slow down and put you and your family first. Truth is we can use some or all of those excuses most all the time. There is never a perfect time!

I know first hand that there is never a perfect time. I know that time slips away too fast and you are left with wishing you had taken the opportunity when you had it. People get sick and accidents happen..they just do. I wish that I had taken more pictures of my own mom before she left this world. I was young and didn't know the value in that. Now I do!! And now I take for my own pictures for future memories...lots of pictures. 






I hope that this may inspire someone, who has been waiting for the perfect time, to book a photographer today! Don't let the time slip away because you never know what tomorrow might bring. 







1 comments:

Phipps Family said...

Perfectly stated :)

 
© Michelle Peterson Photography
CoffeeShop Designs